Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A new week

The week my grandmother died was one of those weeks that was totally off the charts. If a meteor hit the apartment, it wouldn't have surprised me. I even got a jury duty notice that week. For Valentine's Day. Seriously folks, it was a bad week. It was far worse for my grandmother and other beloved family members though.

The next week was a busy work week. I had to cast people of different ages, gender and ethnicities for a pharmaceutical ad. Nothing too sexy. I saw close to 400 people in two days, which kept me busy and thinking of things other than personal stresses. I also helped a friend out at the New York International Gift Fair at the Jacob Javits Center. It was fun to be surrounded by hand-made crafts. Each artist had a booth with their artwork for sale. Retail buyers would come through looking for items for their shops. It was friendly and so much lower-key than my industry. People were nice and uncomplicated. There weren't people blowing their chests out trying to prove how in-demand they are. I would almost say it was a breath of fresh air if it weren't for the completely stale recycled air in the convention center.

This week is a re-group. Pull the apartment back together, work on the upcoming fundraising event at my daughter's school, retouch more images for Getty (which put itself up for sale. Again, that happened during that awful week)

No comments: