Thursday, February 28, 2008

All Look Same?




Over the years I've worked on a lot of different jobs finding people of different ethnicities to participate in photo shoots. I fancy myself as being fairly savvy at telling the difference between a western european vs. a central european a japanese person from a chinese person. Just recently I had to cast bona fide chinese people and bona fide japanese people. The clients are very picky because the ads are running in their own countries.

I was talking to one of the model agencies today and she showed me a great website called alllooksame. I recommend going to the website and clicking on the exam room. Unfortunately you have to register, but it takes a second to do that. Then you look at faces and try to guess if they are Chinese, Japanese or Korean. It's pretty interesting. I failed miserably.

2 comments:

Eve said...

I failed miserably too! But I think they purposely picked faces atypical of their culture.

Troop 2440 said...

I think you are right Eve.