Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gretel



I have been working on this hat by Ysolda Teague, or some version of it for a while. The actual knitting wass quick and fun once my addled little brain could handle it. I've been on a yarn diet for a while, so I chose a lovely ginger colored yarn from my stash. I once knew what yarn it was, but it was given to me from a photo shoot, so it didn't have it's label. Anyway, the yarn was many years old, so I'm sure the color was probably discontinued. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. I was 3/4 finished when I finally ran out of yarn.

I'm not a big fan of knitting things twice (which explains why I have had only one sock finished for about a month now), but decided that I really wanted a slouchy beret of my own. I brought a lot of projects with me to France when I visited my father. I wasn't sure how his energy level would be and I think that I had fantasies of how much time I would have without a 4 year-old to entertain. I knit a lot on the airplane home (8 1/2 hours) and then finished it yesterday. The yarn is a wool/angora blend, so there's good stitch definition with a nice halo of soft fluff. I'm quite pleased with how it came out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog is so lovely!!!

Troop 2440 said...

Thanks Rony! It's always nice to hear feedback.

Martha