Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Merino

These are actually 3 mini skeins of superwash merino wool. Originally I was going to use them for trim on a white sweater I knit for my kiddo, but they bleed a bit when washed. The pattern had cute embroidered dots all over. I tried that and it started to look like a kindergarten project, so I cut my losses. That sweater actually has a bunch of silly problems that I'm trying to sort out. The sweater itself is nice (photos to come), but the sleeves are too short. Usually I find that kid's sweater patterns are designed for small primates, with ridiculously long arms. I was surprised to have the opposite problem.

I think that these mini skeins would make a nice stranded hat mixed with another yarn. Kind of along the lines of this hat at Brooklyn Tweed.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I recognize this "studio backdrop," too!

Troop 2440 said...

Oh no. I'm going to run out of backdrops really quickly if you are keeping track of them.