Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Little Ballerina



On thursday, Lindsay had her first ballet recital. The whole thing was so sweet, it made your teeth hurt. Little girls in pink, bunchy tights with tutus tucked into the waistband, squirmy girls at quiet moments, super-earnest girls trying to do the Tea Dance from the Nutcracker, Lindsay running over to give me a hug in the middle of the performance, etc. I mean, aren't we just programmed as parents to eat this stuff up??? I sure am.

What made me the most proud of my little girl was, when receiving a bouquet of flowers from us, Lindsay asking if she could divide the bouquet up between all of the girls in her class. I was about to explode with pride.

1 comment:

naomi dagen bloom said...

Very cute picture. Lovely that Lindsay broke ranks to do what's really important.

In unrelated matter, thought of you as we installed a 100watt cfl bulb (right letters?) and think it's cat's meow. put in an Ikea floor lamp--excellent next to desk with computer. Recall how you nudged your readers about them, used one before but this is the best.

Have a peaceful December and happy New Year.