Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Open Studios and chickens

I recently went to an open studio tour of a friend of mine who is a painter. Actually, he's also a teacher, but I mostly know him as the father to one of Lindsay's classmates. In fact Lindsay decided about a year and a half ago that she was going to marry his son Mason, and continues to stick to her guns. Both sets of parents are thrilled at the prospective match. But I digress...

It's always worrisome to go see a friend's artwork. There's the potential that you will find it ghastly and have to pretend you like it. Fortunately we liked his work and the work of many other artists. There was a woman named Alyssa Ettinger who is a ceramic artist. She makes these lovely vases that have a subtle (more subtle in person) knit pattern on them. The glazes are pretty shades of ivory and celery.

And on another note.................my landlady gave me the go ahead for having chickens in the back yard!!!!!

2 comments:

shansays said...

VERY COOL. So at the next spin-in, you will be bring eggs, right?

Troop 2440 said...

I will definitely bring eggs, or something made w/ eggs once I get my girls and they are old enough to start production! I can't wait.