Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween recap



When Lindsay came home from school on Halloween, I surprised her with her new fairy wings. She promptly burst into tears and desperately wanted to wear the crappy store-bought ones that came with the costume. I asked her if I could wear the big ones and she didn't like that. I understand that she wanted to be the only fairy, and who am I to steal her Halloween thunder? Sigh. Next time, I won't make an amateur mistake like showing her the crappy store-bought wings ahead of time.

We had a fun time. Photos can be seen here. Lindsay had WAY too much candy that night. The next morning she was a beast with her Halloween hangover. We've successfully avoided questions about remaining candy and are trying to detox the sugar from her system.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh dear....I suspected the wing story went something like that.

Lisa said...

Oh, I think you would like this. My friend Gina's son Liam, announced that he wanted to be a "piggy butcher" for Halloween. And then he told Gina what she should be.

Demented.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10624073@N00/1811642049/