Sunday, July 1, 2007

Yellow Dress




Photos at long last! Isn't there something about the cobbler's children.....
I'm pretty happy with this dress. It fits Lindsay well. Hopefully I will get two seasons out of it. I made the length for a 5 year old. Keep in mind this pattern is from the early 70s, so short was in!!

I decided that smocking the variegated yarn probably wouldn't look great, so I changed the yarn to a solid. I'm pretty happy with the results. Lindsay likes it and very sweetly tells people that her mommy made it. And, no I don't bribe her with lollipops to do that!

3 comments:

Eve said...

The dress turned out great! Lucky you that she's still willing to wear your handknits. V stopped when she started kindergarten, but would spread my knitting out on the train so people could see.

btw, I kept typing "knit" instead of kindergarten -- it took 3 attempts. Talk about knit on the brain.

Lisa said...

wow...that's super-adorable!

the center panel has me mystified. slip stitch???? total martha magic?

how did you do it?

Troop 2440 said...

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it myself. The center panel was knitted vertical stripes. Then I stitched the red stripes together in a smocking pattern. You can kind of see right above and right below the center panel little puckers where it is gathered together.

I am now killing myself on an intarsia pattern. Gaar!