Sunday, March 4, 2007

Shawl with #20 edging


Yippee. This shawl has been finished for some time, but not blocked. I couldn't find my t-pins. I figure that Lindsay was peeking in my knitting notions bag and came across the pins. I probably put them safely out of her reach and then promptly forgot that I did that. I guess some day I will be dusting up high (ha ha ha) and find them. I decided to bite the bullet and buy some new ones. And now, voila!

So I should have been smiling and jumping for joy in the photo you say?? Lindsay was mad that both her parents were outside doing something other than entertaining her. So she was having a tantrum at the back door. I thought I did an admirable job of hiding the blood vessels that were ready to pop, but I guess not.

Specs:
Victorian Lace Today, Shawl with #20 Edging
Kid Silk Haze
Size 7 needles

9 comments:

shansays said...

Beautiful. Congradulations!

I love how serious your expression is. Or is pain, from leaning over and putting in all those pins? I say you grab a pair of size 10's and start the Clapotis or some other similar project:)

My little shawl has finally moved out of the hankie stage. I am also doing a top down cardigan is size 11's which is practically knitting itself, thank God.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous, martha. as usual, i'm very impressed with your skill. and the photo: you look so 18th or is it 19th century and english. striking.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Just stunning. And I can just about hear Lindsay.

Anonymous said...

Uh that was me.

Unknown said...

martha, this is absolutely beautful. i am in awe!!

how many balls of ksh did you end up using?

Victoria said...

a work of art...really beautiful.

Annie said...

At first gance ,I wondered if it was a model showling this Shawl from VLT.The job you have done is really really great.The colour jsut matches the pattern and it looks so great on you!!

Troop 2440 said...

I used 2 1/2 balls of the kid silk haze. I wouldn't make it any longer than the pattern calls for. It would drag on the ground if you did.

Lisa said...

Gloriously heart-stoppingly gorgeous!

Sorry about the tantrum....maybe it helped you get that far-away look in your eyes.